Craving a popcorn treat fit for spring? We’re right there with you.
With the first sightings of April blooms and the promise of warmth in the air, we felt inspired to create a bright new snack full of sweetness. And the result is an exciting popcorn flavor we’ve dubbed Bunny Bait.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in high-walled pot, such as a stockpot, over medium heat.
- Toss in three kernels and place the lid on the pot.
- Wait for the kernels to pop.
- Once popped, quickly stir in the sugar and then add the remaining kernels.
- Replace the lid and listen for the kernels to start popping.
- Remove the pot from the stove and gently shake to keep the kernels from burning.
- Return the pot to the stove for just a few seconds, then lift and shake again. Repeat this until all the kernels have popped.
- Toss the kernels in a bowl and allow the corn to cool and separate.
- 1 lbs Melted White Chocolate (Wilton’s Candy Melts work well!)
- 1/2 – 3/4 Cup of Pastel M&M’s
- 1 cup of Pretzels (squares or thin sticks)
- 1/4 cup Rainbow Sprinkles
Pour the melted white chocolate over the popcorn and toss in most of the M&M’s and all of the Pretzels. Mix together to coat all the ingredients. Spread the mixture onto baking sheet lined with wax paper and add the remaining M&M’s and Sprinkles. Allow 10 minutes to set and enjoy!
About the Author:
Katie Straw is the writer at KingOfPOP.com, maker of delicious handcrafted gourmet popcorn, and currently resides in Manchester, New Hampshire.