A snack thats delicious and healthy too? Right here. This popcorn recipe is surprisingly easy and perfect for next weeks Cinco de Mayo celebration.
½ cup popcorn kernels
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon sea salt
Zest from 1 lime
Juice of 2 lime wedges
1. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in high-walled pot, such as a stockpot, over medium heat.
2. Toss in three kernels and place the lid on the pot.
3. Wait for the kernels to pop.
4. Once popped, quickly stir in the sugar and then add the remaining kernels.
5. Replace the lid and listen for the kernels to start popping.
6. Remove the pot from the stove and gently shake to keep the kernels from burning.
7. Return the pot to the stove for just a few seconds, then lift and shake again. Repeat this until all the kernels have popped.
8. Toss the kernels in a bowl and allow the corn to cool and separate.
9. In a separate bowl, combine the spices, salt, and zest. While the popcorn is still hot, toss it with the remaining oil and then add in the spice mixture. Squeeze the lime wedges on the popcorn and then toss to coat.
About the Author:
Katie Straw is the writer at KingOfPOP.com, maker of delicious handcrafted gourmet popcorn, and currently resides in Manchester, New Hampshire.