Hey, you wanna s’more? Some more of what? You’re killing me, Smalls. – The Sandlot
A favorite treat of adolescent ball players everywhere ([exaggerated sigh] Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez), s’mores are an inescapable part of summer. For these, we kicked things up a notch by adding popcorn to the mix.
6 cups Au Natural popcorn
2 cups mini marshmallows
¾ cup melting chocolate
6 graham crackers, crushed
- In a microwavable bowl, combine popcorn and marshmallows.
- Microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat until the marshmallows are gooey and evenly coat the popcorn.
- Place the popcorn-marshmallow mixture in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Take the mixture out of the freezer and make balls using a meatball baller. Stick toothpicks or skewers into each ball.
- Put melted chocolate and graham crackers in two separate bowls, then take each popcorn ball and submerge them first in the chocolate, then into the graham cracker crumbs.
- Place on a non-stick surface and allow the chocolate to harden before enjoying.
About the Author:
Katie Straw is the writer at KingOfPOP.com, maker of delicious handcrafted gourmet popcorn, and currently resides in Manchester, New Hampshire.