One of my favorite past times is sitting on the couch after a long day of work and enjoying a large bowl of popcorn (Olivia Pope, anyone??). I like to mix it up with flavors and that’s where Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn comes into play. This popcorn was so easy to make in just a few steps and really packs mouthful after mouthful of flavor.
I grew fresh herbs all summer and have an abundance of rosemary so that’s why I went with this particular flavor this week! I’m sure you can mix in any herbs you have on hand to experience a variety of flavors. Rosemary has such a wonderful flavor and combined with the freshly-grated parmesan – well, let’s just say I may have made a second batch. It’s simple, wholesome ingredients that really make this Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn stand out from the rest.
Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn
Adapted from Five Heart Home (With a few tweaks!)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 T butter
- 2 T Olive Oil
- ½ c unpopped popcorn (Substitute Au Natural Popcorn and save the need to pop!)
- ¼ c freshly grated parmesan
- Popcorn Popper
- Place the olive oil and butter in a small saucepan until the butter melts and the two are incorporated together.
- Smash your garlic clove and remove the skin. Place the clove in the saucepan with one sprig of rosemary to infuse the butter and oil mixture. Let all items incorporate over low heat for a few minutes.
- Pop your popcorn (use whatever method you want) and set it in a large bowl. You can also use bagged popcorn to save time.
- Pull the leaves off the second sprig of rosemary and finely mince it.
- Pour the oil and butter mixture over the popcorn (reserve the garlic clove & rosemary sprig) and sprinkle on the rosemary and the freshly grated parmesan.
- Toss it up and enjoy!